Click here to check your Code of Ethics Training status
Code of Ethics Training Requirement
The current NAR REALTOR® Code of Ethics training requirement must be taken and completed during the period of Jan. 1, 2022 to Dec. 31, 2024 (a three-year cycle). Failure to do so will result in suspension of membership.
Existing HBR members will need to complete the NAR Code of Ethics Training by Dec. 31, 2024 except for members that meet one of the following conditions:
- New members: If you attended New Member Orientation between Jan. 1, 2022 - Dec. 31, 2024, then you've completed the requirement for the current training cycle during Orientation.
- Emeritus members: You are not required to take Code of Ethics training, however, you are welcome to take an approved ethics course if you would like to remain current with the latest ethics training.
For all other members: Two Ways to Fulfill your Code of Ethics Requirement**
Only the following ethics courses will fulfill your mandatory NAR Code of Ethics (COE) training requirement:
- HBR’s Code of Ethics course – 3 CE*
- NAR’s Center for REALTOR® Development Code of Ethics Online Training course – Non-CE version
Note: NAR’s Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) program also fulfills the Code of Ethics training requirement for existing members. Click here for more info.
*Stay tuned for more on HBR's new CE ethics course (3 CE) in 2023.
**Ethics courses offered by The CE Shop or other outside providers can still be taken for Hawaii CE credits (if the course has been approved by the state). However, these courses will not qualify for HBR's NAR Code of Ethics requirement.
Have You Completed Your Requirements for 2022-2024 Training?
Two ways to check whether you have completed the REALTOR® Code of Ethics Training for the current three-year cycle:
- Click here (page updates on Thursdays).
- Login to your member account, select "Education, then "My Courses" to confirm the date that your last COE training class was completed.
- If you have completed your requirement by taking HBR's ethics class or the NAR Center for REALTOR® Development ethics course for the 2022-2024 training, your record will display either NAR Ethics (Online)-Cycle 7 or NAR Ethics (Live)-Cycle 7.
- If you attended New Member Orientation between Jan. 1, 2022-Dec. 31, 2024, then you've completed the requirement for the current training cycle.
- If you are an Emeritus member, then you are not required to take Code of Ethics training.
- If you earned NAR’s Commitment to Excellence recognition, then the C2EX program fulfills NAR’S Code of Ethics training requirement for existing members.