Watch the recording
Forum recording - coming soon
Watch speakers and panelists share their insights on housing development - including speaker Dean Uchida, Executive Director of Department of Planning and Permitting, panelists Christine Camp (Avalon Group), Stanford Carr (Stanford Carr Development), Harry Saunders (Castle & Cooke Homes Hawai'i), Tracy Tonaki (D.R. Horton), and moderated by David Arakawa, Executive Director of LURF
- Chapter 18 of Revised Ordinances of Honolulu: When Permits are Required - Section 18-3.1 (a) & Work Exempted from Permits - Section 18-3.1 (b)
- DPP website
Welcome & Opening Message
Shannon Heaven, 2021 HBR President
HBR - Jennifer Andrews, City Affairs Committee Chair
Speakers & Panelists:
- Dean Uchida, Director, Department of Planning and Permitting
Moderator: David Arakawa, Executive Director, Land Use Research Foundation
- Christine Camp, President & CEO, Avalon Group
- Stanford Carr, President, Stanford Carr Development
- Harry Saunders, President, Castle & Cooke Homes Hawai'i
- Tracy Tonaki, Senior Vice President, D.R. Horton
- Locating and securing land for development
- Permitting process: Where is the holdup?
- Government approval process: Time frame and what agencies are involved
- Time frame that the community is informed
- What resistance do developers receive from the community?
- How can REALTORS® help?
Hurdles to Affordable Housing
- Is there hope for housing development cost decreasing to allow for more affordable housing?
- Is 201H process helpful or harmful?