Honolulu Board of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Awards Program
Deadline to apply: April 30, 2021
REALTORS® are community advocates and the Honolulu Board of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Awards celebrates local community champions within our board for their volunteer community service. Our goal through this award program is to illuminate, inspire, and perpetuate the individual contributions of our REALTORS® in the community.
A Good Neighbor gives his or her talents, money, and most importantly, their time to make an extraordinary impact on their community.
Three winners will be announced each June during HBR’s Summer GMM program and will receive a grant to be awarded to the non-profit/charity they are involved with:
- 1st place: $2,500
- 2nd place: $1,500
- 3rd place: $1,000
Nominees can also enter themselves in the National Association of REALTORS® Good Neighbor Awards.
To nominate and enter yourself or another HBR REALTOR® you know:
- Submit the completed application, short essay, and documentation to [email protected] by the deadline: April 30, 2021.
- If you know another REALTOR® who is active in community service and might be a good candidate for our Good Neighbor Award, please send us their information here.
About the Nominee
- Nominees must be a REALTOR® member of the Honolulu Board of REALTORS® in good standing.
- Nominees must not have any ethics or regulatory violations within the last three years.
- REALTORS® may nominate themselves or be nominated by someone else, such as another HBR member or the community organization they serve.
- Nominees should have significantly contributed personal time (volunteer, unpaid hours) to a project. Contributions of money or other resources will be considered by the judges.
- The award is intended to recognize individual contributions, not association- or company-wide efforts. If an individual can be singled out as instrumental to the success of a group effort, he or she is eligible.
About the Community Work
- Some portion of the nominee’s community work must have taken place in the previous year – between January 2020 and December 2020. Judges will consider ongoing efforts outside that time frame that demonstrate a depth of commitment.
- The program or project should help or improve the community. Those activities are not limited to real estate or housing issues.
- The non-profit organizations/charities to be awarded the grant must be a registered Hawai'i 501(c)(3) in good standing to be eligible.
- Nominee should be able to document the results of their individual involvement through testimonials and/or published reports from the organization they served or the people they helped.
About Scoring and Judging
- Nomination must be accompanied by a completed application form with short essay and documentation and received by April 30, 2021 to be eligible for judging.
- All applications will be evaluated by an independent panel of judges.
- Nominees will be judged on his/her level of personal contribution, the impact of personal contribution, the broadness of impact, and the project’s suitability as a role model for other REALTORS®.
- Information provided on the application is subject to verification.
You can view our full FAQs here.
Got a question or need more information? Please email [email protected].