Click here to check your Code of Ethics Training status for the current cycle
Code of Ethics Training Requirement
The current NAR REALTOR® Code of Ethics training requirement must be taken and completed during the period from Jan. 1, 2019 to Dec. 31, 2021 (now a three-year cycle). Failure to do so will result in suspension of membership.
Existing HBR members will need to complete the NAR Code of Ethics Training by Dec. 31, 2021 except for members that meet one of the following conditions:
- New members: If you attended New Member Orientation between Jan. 1, 2019 - Dec. 31, 2021, then you've completed the requirement for the current training cycle during Orientation.
- Emeritus members: You are not required to take Code of Ethics training, however, you are welcome to take an approved ethics course if you would like to remain current with the latest ethics training.
For all other members: Two Ways to Fulfill your Code of Ethics Requirement
NEW: Effective January 1, 2021, only the following ethic courses will fulfill your mandatory NAR Code of Ethics (COE) training requirement:
- HBR’s Code of Ethics course – Disclosure, Discrimination & Advertising in the Code of Ethics (3 CE | FREE)
- NAR’s Center for REALTOR Development Code of Ethics Online Training courses – (a) Non-CE version (FREE) or (b) CE version ($29.95)
Note: NAR’s Commitment to Excellence (C2EX) program also fulfills the Code of Ethics training requirement for existing members. Click here for more info.
Click here to find dates and register for HBR's CE ethics course (3 CE), which is being offered via webinar.
Have You Completed Your Requirements for 2019-2021 Training?
Two ways to check whether you have completed the REALTOR® Code of Ethics Training for the current three-year cycle:
- Click here (page updates on Thursdays).
- Login to your member account, select "Education, then "My Courses" to confirm the date that your last COE training class was completed.
- If you have completed your requirement by taking HBR's ethics class or an ethics course from NAR or other approved provider for the 2019-2021 training, your record will display either NAR Ethics (Online)-Cycle 6 or NAR Ethics (Live)-Cycle 6.
- If you attended New Member Orientation between Jan. 1, 2019-Dec. 31, 2021, then you've completed the requirement for the current training cycle.
- If you are an Emeritus member, then you are not required to take Code of Ethics training.
- If you earned NAR’s Commitment to Excellence recognition, then the C2EX program fulfills NAR’S Code of Ethics training requirement for existing members.
If you completed your ethics training in 2019 or 2020 through an approved provider*, you have fulfilled your training requirement -- certificates dated in 2019 and 2020 from the list of approved providers should be emailed to HBR at [email protected] to update your record.
NOTE: Certificates received from members for ethics courses outside of HBR or NAR that are dated in 2021 will NOT be accepted for the NAR Code of Ethics training requirement.**
*2019-2020 HBR-approved providers who offered an ethics class that met the criteria to fulfill the NAR Code of Ethics training requirement: The CE Shop, Mbition Learn Real Estate (formerly OnCourse Learning), Hogan School of Real Estate, Inc., CCIM Institute, Interact CE, REMI School of Real Estate, Bly School of Real Estate. If you completed an online ethics course from one of these providers, you need to email your certificate of completion to [email protected] so we can update your record.
**Ethics courses from outside providers such as The CE Shop can still be taken for Hawaii CE credits (if the course has been approved by the state), however, these courses will not qualify for HBR's NAR Code of Ethics requirement.