Rental Assistance Programs - Orientation & Training:
Watch session recording below for an overview of the City & County of Honolulu's Household Hardship Relief Fund. Presenters from Aloha United Way go over the qualifications, required documents, application process, and answer questions from property managers. This program covers rent, mortgage, and utilities. Aloha United Way is administering applications and payments for this program. Payments will be sent directly to the landlord or property management company.
As of October 13th: Due to extremely high application volume, this program has also reached capacity and cannot accept new applications this time.
- To inquire about an already submitted, contact 808-543-2247 or [email protected].
- HHRF presentation slides: includes details on eligibility, AMI chart, required documents, and more
- HHRF application: Prequalification application | Program application | Printable application | FAQ
- HHRF session recording
The State of Hawaii Rent Relief and Housing Assistance Program will cover rent, mortgage, and HOA dues. Catholic Charities Hawaii and Aloha United Way will administer applications and payments for this program statewide. Payments will be sent directly to the landlord or property management company. Visit website
- Applications for assistance are currently being accepted for rent or mortgage payments due between March 1 and December 28, 2020.
As of October 13th: Given the high volume of applications, both Aloha United Way and Catholic Charities Hawaii have reached their current processing capacity and will not be able to accept any new applications at this time. The State will be establishing a processing center as both program administrators hire additional staff.
- Already submitted applications are being processed in the order they were received.
- To facilitate processing, applicants and landlords/property managers are encouraged to readily respond to requests for information from processors to help accelerate the necessary verifications.
|Catholic Charities Hawaii materials:||Aloha United Way materials:|
Virtual Agent Forum - April 20, 2020
Watch a recording of HBR's virtual forum here, where NAR’s Erin Stackley, Tony Au of FHB, Susan Utsugi and Rusty Rasmussen of CPB, and Brad Konishi, CPA discussed what’s happening with the PPP and EIDL programs and answered questions on the application process, tax implications, and insights.
If you still have questions after watching our forum and reviewing NAR’s resources, please email us at [email protected] with the subject line: CARES Question.
Livestream presentation with Paul Brewbaker - March 18, 2020
Watch a recording of HBR's livestream presentation here, where Paul Brewbaker of TZ Economics discussed Housing, the Economy and COVID-19 and answered questions from REALTORS®. View presentation slides here.
Agent Forum - March 10, 2017
Watch video from HBR's March 10, 2017, Agent Forum, which included top-producers from across the country: 2018 NAR President Elizabeth Mendenhall, 30-under-30 winners Kristen Smith and Phillip Becker and social media maven Shay Hata.
- Elizabeth Mendenhall, 2017 NAR President-Elect
- Kristen Smith
- Philip Becker
- Shay Hata
- Discussion Panel
Agent Forum - April 1, 2016
Watch video from HBR's April 1, 2016, Agent Forum, in which major developers addressed the future of housing development on Oahu.
- DR Horton-Schuler Homes
- Gentry Homes
- Howard Hughes Corporation
- Kobayashi Group
- Stanford Carr
Agent Forum - October 16, 2015
Watch video from HBR's Agent Forum Oct. 16, 2015, which addressed ADUs, HBR's leadership and the new REC advertising rules.