The City Affairs Committee (CAC) monitors governmental proposals regarding real estate matters, including private property rights, property taxes, and housing development that affect the real estate industry. CAC recommends legislative and regulatory positions to the HBR leadership and Board of Directors, prepares and presents testimony, and educates and informs members about legislative initiatives. CAC also coordinates political events such as Candidate Forums, Call For Actions, Voter Guides and Town Hall/Forums.
CAC's current legislative / regulatory issues:
- Housing development including affordable housing
- Shore erosion and sea level rise
- Short-term rentals (Transit Vacation Units/B&Bs)
If you have any questions or local legislation concerns, please contact our Government Affairs Administrator, Emmanuel Sarahan, at [email protected].
Subcommittees and Task Groups
- Housing Development Subcommittee
- Real Property Tax Subcommittee
- Private Property Rights Subcommittee
- TVU/B&B Task Group
- Shoreline Erosion/Sea Level Rise Task Group