In-person Agent Forum - October 7, 2022 | Hawaii Convention Center - 3rd Floor
8:45 AM - 9:45 AM | 3rd Floor - CANDIDATE FORUM: Featuring City Council candidates in the run-off for the General Election. Each district will have its own room for a moderated one-hour Q&A forum with the candidates. If you're unsure of your district, then click here.
- District 2 - with Makuakai Rothman and Matt Weyer | Room - TBA
- District 4 - with Kaleo Nakoa and Tommy Waters | Room - TBA
- District 6 - with Tyler Dos Santos-Tam and Traci K. Toguchi | Room - TBA
- District 8 - with Ron Menor and Val Aquino Okimoto | Room - TBA
Got a question for the candidates?
Please send us your candidate questions in advance here.
10:00 AM - 1:00 PM | Kaua'i Room 311 - AGENT FORUM: Following a short break after the Candidate Forum, we'll reconvene in Room 311 for our Agent Forum focused on providing members with key City & County updates on housing issues impacting your business and your clients
*The views and opinions expressed in the Voter’s Guide and Candidate Forum videos are those of the candidates and do not necessarily reflect the views or official positions of the Honolulu Board of REALTORS®. Feel free to share the Voter’s Guide with clients, family, friends, and neighbors in your district.
Virtual Agent Forum - April 8, 2022 | 9:30 AM
Board of Water Supply Update: Watch Ernest Lau, Supply Manager and Chief Engineer, BWS provide the latest updates on the impact of the Red Hill situation on our island's water system and supply and recent talks about a possible moratorium on new developments and how that may impact our already declining housing inventory
REALTOR® Safety – Best Practices
Compensation & Negotiating Commissions: Anti-trust and ethical considerations; Buyer’s Agent compensation; and Reciprocating MLS’s and offer of compensation
Policy Updates: Short-Term Rentals legislation - Bill 41; Condo financing
Virtual Agent Forum - July 30, 2021 | 9:30 AM
Topic: Beyond Diversity: Why Should REALTORS® Care?
Watch speakers from Native Hawaiian Legal Corporation, Hawaii Civil Rights Commission, Shidler College of Business at UH Manoa, fellow REALTORS®, and special guest Kamakakēhau Fernandez share their insights on:
- how the Hawaiian Homes Commission Act provides economic stability and a sense of cultural identity through housing for Hawaiians
- how the Hawaii Civil Rights Commission investigates and enforces fair housing violations; types of complaints that affect REALTORS®; are there testers in the field on O’ahu; issues to know surrounding service animals, disability, and property management complaints
- Fairhaven demo and challenge; situations REALTORS® may come across that require having candid conversations with their clients
- 10 things to know to be successful in business locally whether you were born and raised here or moved here
Virtual Agent Forum - April 16, 2021 | 9:30 AM
Topic: Housing Development: Process, Community Involvement, Hurdles
Watch speakers and panelists share their insights on housing development - including speaker Dean Uchida, Executive Director of Department of Planning and Permitting, panelists Christine Camp (Avalon Group), Stanford Carr (Stanford Carr Development), Harry Saunders (Castle & Cooke Homes Hawai'i), Tracy Tonaki (D.R. Horton), and moderated by David Arakawa, Executive Director of LURF
- Chapter 18 of Revised Ordinances of Honolulu: When Permits are Required - Section 18-3.1 (a) & Work Exempted from Permits - Section 18-3.1 (b)
- DPP website
- Dean Uchida, Director, Department of Planning and Permitting
Moderator: David Arakawa, Executive Director, Land Use Research Foundation
- Christine Camp, President & CEO, Avalon Group
- Stanford Carr, President, Stanford Carr Development
- Harry Saunders, President, Castle & Cooke Homes Hawai'i
- Tracy Tonaki, Senior Vice President, D.R. Horton
Rental Assistance Programs - Orientation & Training:
Watch session recording below for an overview of the City & County of Honolulu's Household Hardship Relief Fund. Presenters from Aloha United Way go over the qualifications, required documents, application process, and answer questions from property managers. This program covers rent, mortgage, and utilities. Aloha United Way is administering applications and payments for this program. Payments will be sent directly to the landlord or property management company.
As of October 13th: Due to extremely high application volume, this program has also reached capacity and cannot accept new applications this time.
- To inquire about an already submitted, contact 808-543-2247 or [email protected].
- HHRF presentation slides: includes details on eligibility, AMI chart, required documents, and more
- HHRF application: Prequalification application | Program application | Printable application | FAQ
- HHRF session recording
The State of Hawaii Rent Relief and Housing Assistance Program will cover rent, mortgage, and HOA dues. Catholic Charities Hawaii and Aloha United Way will administer applications and payments for this program statewide. Payments will be sent directly to the landlord or property management company. Visit website
- Applications for assistance are currently being accepted for rent or mortgage payments due between March 1 and December 28, 2020.
As of October 13th: Given the high volume of applications, both Aloha United Way and Catholic Charities Hawaii have reached their current processing capacity and will not be able to accept any new applications at this time. The State will be establishing a processing center as both program administrators hire additional staff.
- Already submitted applications are being processed in the order they were received.
- To facilitate processing, applicants and landlords/property managers are encouraged to readily respond to requests for information from processors to help accelerate the necessary verifications.
|Catholic Charities Hawaii materials:||Aloha United Way materials:|
Virtual Agent Forum - April 20, 2020
Watch a recording of HBR's virtual forum here, where NAR’s Erin Stackley, Tony Au of FHB, Susan Utsugi and Rusty Rasmussen of CPB, and Brad Konishi, CPA discussed what’s happening with the PPP and EIDL programs and answered questions on the application process, tax implications, and insights.
If you still have questions after watching our forum and reviewing NAR’s resources, please email us at [email protected] with the subject line: CARES Question.
Livestream presentation with Paul Brewbaker - March 18, 2020
Watch a recording of HBR's livestream presentation here, where Paul Brewbaker of TZ Economics discussed Housing, the Economy and COVID-19 and answered questions from REALTORS®. View presentation slides here.
Agent Forum - March 10, 2017
Watch video from HBR's March 10, 2017, Agent Forum, which included top-producers from across the country: 2018 NAR President Elizabeth Mendenhall, 30-under-30 winners Kristen Smith and Phillip Becker and social media maven Shay Hata.
- Elizabeth Mendenhall, 2017 NAR President-Elect
- Kristen Smith
- Philip Becker
- Shay Hata
- Discussion Panel
Agent Forum - April 1, 2016
Watch video from HBR's April 1, 2016, Agent Forum, in which major developers addressed the future of housing development on Oahu.
- DR Horton-Schuler Homes
- Gentry Homes
- Howard Hughes Corporation
- Kobayashi Group
- Stanford Carr
Agent Forum - October 16, 2015
Watch video from HBR's Agent Forum Oct. 16, 2015, which addressed ADUs, HBR's leadership and the new REC advertising rules.